Rules & Procedures
Awards Application Deadline:
11 March 2022 CLOSED
Awards Finalists Notification Deadline:
21 March 2022 Notifications sent to all Students who applied
To be eligible for the Awards, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be enrolled in a recognised academic graduate degree program (Masters or Doctoral)
• Submit an abstract (through the EasyChair submission webpage) related to the mentioned areas in any of the Awards, as presenting author (speaker) and within the Abstract Submission Deadline
How to apply
Until 11 March 2022, the applicants must send an e-mail with subject WE2022 Awards Application to the Conference Secretariat (WE2022@ua.pt) containing the following documentation (in PDF format):
• The WE2022 Awards Application Form filled out with the requested information
• A proof of enrolment in the respective graduate degree program
• A copy of the previously submitted abstract
• A short CV (2-page maximum) that includes all publications authored by the applicant
• A presentation letter (2-page maximum) that includes the applicant’s motivation for the research and its contribution to the state-of-the-art, as well as the applicant’s role throughout the work and significant results achieved
• A recommendation letter (1-page maximum) from the applicant’s advisor or a professor (present or past)
Phase 1: Only eligible applicants with accepted abstracts that have sent the requested documentation will be considered for the selection of the Awards finalists. For this phase, alongside the quality of the submitted abstract, the jury panel will take into account the originality and thoroughness of the applicant’s research work, as well as the impact of the obtained results in the research area and its potential regarding future developments.
Phase 2: During the Conference, the jury panel will attend the finalists assigned talks in order to select the Awards winners. For this phase, the jury panel will take into account the quality of each oral presentation and the clarity in replying to questions from the audience.
Information for finalists and winners
The Awards are not cumulative. The Awards finalists will be notified by e-mail until 21 March 2022, having to confirm their attendance and complete their registration fee payment until the Early Registration Deadline. If attendance is not confirmed or the payment is not made in due time, the applicant will no longer be considered an Awards finalist. The Awards winners will be announced and the Awards will be delivered during the WOCSDICE EXMATEC 2022 Closing Ceremony (beneficiaries of the Awards are expected to attend).